Easier Admission, Simpler Start
Want to start your studies easily? Here's how you can get going with your application to IU, even if you don’t have all your documents ready.
APPLICATION PROCESS: READY TO START AT IU
If you want to apply to our university in Germany or apply for an online degree, admission is straightforward with IU. Here’s how.
Start your online application easily using the Apply Now button. Once we receive your application and information, our advisors will talk to you to assess your eligibility and chosen programme.
At this stage, you might need to take an Entrance Examination or have an Admissions Interview. This depends on your chosen study model, selected programme, and your academic background. We are happy to advise you on this.
Once completed and you have proven your eligibility, we will prepare a study agreement or offer letter for you. You can simply sign and return this to us when you're ready together with the documents we need. You may also need to send your deposit at this stage. We will review and make sure everything is ready to go.
With everything signed and your application successfully submitted, you'll receive confirmation from us to get started. Congratulations!
What you need to apply:
- CV in tabular format
- Copy of your proof of identity
- Proof of English skills (see below)
- Certificate from your previous studies: your secondary school diploma, for bachelor, or university degree, for master and MBA. A certified copy must be submitted to the Student’s Office before the start of your studies. If unavailable, a report card of your grades may be used instead.
All-important admission information
Before you start your application, take a look at our admission requirements (you can find more detailed information specific to a degree on each programme page). Generally, proof of English skills is required for all programmes and proof of work experience for certain degree levels.
Here is an overview of admission criteria.
General Admission Requirements
- a general secondary school diploma or
- a subject-related higher education entrance qualification
Depending on your chosen programme, academic level, and background, you might need to also take one of the following to make sure you are ready to study with us:
- Bachelor Entrance Examination (included in Scholarship Programme)
- Pathway Programme (for on-campus studies)
- Completed degree from a public or officially recognised university/higher education institution.
- At least a “satisfactory” or Grade C equivalent earned in your previous degree.
- Your undergraduate studies must amount to 210 ECTS credits to begin a 60-ECTS MBA.
- Your undergraduate studies must amount to 180 ECTS to begin a 90-ECTS MBA.
- You will need to have at least one year of professional work experience before starting an MBA programme (achieved after previous studies).
- For MBA programmes, you will also need to have completed a second year of professional work experience before graduating.
If your first degree is not specialised in a business-related field, you may still be admitted to our programme if your professional work experience is in business management. Admission to MBA programmes will then be decided on an individual basis following an interview with our academic staff.
- Completed degree from a public or officially recognised university/higher education institution*.
- For 60-ECTS programmes, you will need to have already acquired 240 ECTS credits.
- For 120-ECTS programmes, you will need to have 180 ECTS credits.
- At least a “satisfactory” or Grade C equivalent earned in your previous education.
*For some master programmes, you will need to have achieved your undergraduate studies in a relevant field, gain one year of professional work experience, or previous knowledge in certain subject areas before reaching 50% of your ECTS. You can take a look at the dedicated page of your desired programme for more information.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS (ALL DEGREES)
At IU, we teach in English to prepare you for the international market.
We therefore ask for proof of your English language skills*. If English is your native language or you graduated from an English-speaking school/university, you don’t need to prove your English skills. Proof includes:
- Speexx B2.2 Certificate (complimentary when signing up with IU)
- TOEFL (minimum 80 points) or
- IELTS (minimum Level 6) or
- Duolingo English-Test (minimum 95 points) or
- Cambridge Certificate (minimum Grade B) or
- Equivalent proof *
*Proof must be provided before the start of the study and must not be older than two years.
A scholarship that goes beyond
Furthering your studies is a big decision. An easy start can make all the difference. That’s why IU International University of Applied Sciences offers you individual support to help you begin your online studies today with scholarships of up to 80%. We understand that not everyone can fulfil admission requirements right away for many reasons, and we believe that should not stop you from starting your online studies and getting your scholarship. Our Study Advisors will guide you on how to meet the admissions criteria required for your programme after you have started with us.
Opportunities don’t wait, why should you?
Navigating through the application process and meeting all admissions criteria can take time. That’s why our scholarship programme gives you the chance to start your online degree and fulfil the eligibility criteria while you study. Benefits at a glance:
- Personalised counselling to plan your online study programme
- Begin your online study programme sooner (general admissions requirements must be met)
- Receive a scholarship of up to 80%
- Prepare to meet specific admissions criteria after you begin your study programme
- Gain work experience required to meet your study programme’s ECTS as you begin your course
Have the Right Technical Set Up?
If you want to know if you meet our technical requirements, such as device and internet setup, head to our What Do I Need page.